lundi 7 juin 2021

US17 CHRONIQUE JEAN PIERRE CHANTRET 2021-06

Uylen'Session n°:17 Emission de Juin 2021

LA CHRONIQUE DE JEAN PIERRE
Travellers


Pour en savoir plus sur Nan Joyce :

(son livre, 'Traveller', réédité sous le titre, 'My Life on the Road: The Autobiography of a Traveler'
est épuisé; pour l'acheter d'occasion, compter plus de 1000,OO Es !!! Je ne vends PAS mon exemplaire ;)  )

Pour en savoir plus sur la langue spécifique parlée par les travellers (cryptolecte, langue secrète) :

En fait, une langue hybride, mâtinée d'anglais et d'irlandais (=gaélique), utilisée comme langage crypté par les 'travellers' : cf. en France au Moyen-Age l'argot des malfaiteurs, ou plus récemment le verlan, qui ne  fait plus guère mystère à quiconque !

Playlist :

1. The Lark in the Morning, jig - Ted Furey The second Irish folk festival on tour (1975)

2. The Tinker's Daughter - musiciens divers https://comhaltas.ie/shop/detail/foinn_seisiun_book_volume_1/

3. The Longford Tinker - Fergal Scahill YouTube

4. The Tinker's Wife - Various artists Seoda Ceoil

5. Rambling Man - Thomas McCarthy Enregistré sur scène pour TNaG4

Paroles :

A ramblin' man, I'm a ramblin' man
Now I look behind me all my rambling days are gone
Well I remember when I was a boy my free days, my lifestyle
Oh, I lived like a king

The road was my home, for the road I lived on
Now every road that I go I'm forced to move on
I'd visit every town and I'd go to every fair
I'd meet all my people we'd all assemble there

We'd deal the whole day through and we'd sing all night long
Now I look behind me all my rambling days are gone
I'm living in a place, no green fields can I see
There's nothing around me, only towers of cement

If I could see the future oh changes there would be
A rambler I was born and a rambler I'll always be